Sunday 31 March 2013

Today's Nail Art - Sticky Tape and Part Painted Nails

Today's ingredients for sticky tape and part painted nail art:


Sticky tape, Sally Hansen nail strengthener/clear base coat, BarryM nail polish, Andrea Fulerton nail art paint, Sally Hansen clear top coat

A very close friend of mine sent me some nail art photos that she stumbled across on Instagram of sticky tape and part painted nail art. I said to her that when I next painted mine, I would give it a go and then send her some pictures of the finished result.

You do need to set aside some time to do sticky tape nail art, especially if you are trying out some intricate designs. It is really important to allow each coat of nail paint to dry fully before you peel off the tape that you have used to mask sections off - otherwise you will pull/drag the wet paint off or across from the nail, which will spoil your design.

I painted a clear base coat on each nail and then proceeded to mask off triangle shapes at the base of each nail. Once done, I painted the main colour on, two coats, allowing each one to dry fully.
I used a Barry M nail paint, it's NP318 Peach Melba and I have used it a lot with some of my other nail designs that I have tried. I love this shade!



Once dry, I pulled off the tape carefully and then using the Andrea Fullerton nail striping paint on gold, I painted a 'V' over edging where the peach meets the clear base coat, giving it a neat and tidy finished look.
Once that was dry, I painted a clear top coat over the top.

For a bit of fun I didn't mask off a couple of my nails but instead painted them fully in the peach colour and then added gold stripes on top of them.

Here is the finished result!




This is the first time I've had a go of sticky tape and part painted nails and I will definitely be experimenting with this style again!

lvy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment