Tuesday 12 March 2013

Nail Art with Nail Striping Tape

Dedicate some time to experiment with Nail Striping Tape:

I found some nail striping tape when I was doing some online shopping on the New Look website. I decided to randomly add it to my basket so that the total amount would enable me to qualify for the free p&p offer that they had at the time.

I'd not given nail striping tape much thought before, so I must admit that I didn't try it straight away. However, when I got a bit bored one day and had a lot of time on my hands, I decided to give it a whirl to see how I'd get on with it.

I paid £2.99 for it. I think Topshop stock this particular brand as well, but as with a lot of nail art tools, you can easily find striping tape online, you just have to search for it. Amazon and EBay are quite good for these kinds of things.

Nail Striping Tape

As you can see, each roll of tape is quite narrow, so you may find working with the tape quite a fiddly experience, but luckily I have nimble fingers so I managed to get the hang of it after a while.

All you need to do is cut the tape to size and apply it directly to your dry painted nail and trim any extra length away from the nail. It is as simple as that. Press each piece of tape down well and when you are finished, apply at least one coat of clear top coat over the top to seal it in and to add a glossy shine.

You don't need to be highly skilled to work with Nail Striping Tape, you just need to be patient and set aside plenty of time for it. You definitely don't want to be in a rush to go out when you decide to start on this kind of project!

Here are some pics from the first time I used Nail Striping Tape. The colour I used to paint my nails was a lovely deep purple navy colour from Barry M.




How did you get on with your nail striping tape and where did you buy yours from?

lvy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment