Sunday 31 March 2013

Magnetic Nail Paint

Going for the plunge and trying out Magnetic Nail Paint:

I must admit that I was a little bit apprehensive about magnetic polishes and just brushed them off as a fad. But I was given a Nails Inc one as a gift from a colleague at work who couldn't hold the magnet still for long enough required to draw the pattern out of the polish. I guess it was the perfect excuse to give it a try, and needless to say, I really loved it!

Unfortunately I dropped the bottle onto laminate flooring and smashed it :'(
So I needed an affordable replacement. I bought a magnetic nail paint by Barry M in shade NP345, which is £4.99 and it works just as well, the paint goes on a bit thinner than the Nails Inc versions, but really comes up a treat and I have since bought another shade which I equally adore as well.




For anyone who is new to magnetic paints or is thinking of trying them - definitely do it! You just need a steady hand!
Paint a clear base coat first. Then paint a full coat of the magnetic polish on top and allow it to dry fully.
Now for the fun part! Paint a generous second coat on top and then quickly but carefully hold the magnet close to the nail for a good 5-10 seconds (but don't let the magnet touch the wet paint) in order to draw the pattern out of the metallic polish. The little ledge above the magnet allows you to rest the cap onto your finger whilst you are holding the magnet against your nail, which is extremely handy!
Do allow the nail to dry fully before you pop a clear top coat on top.





These polishes are extremely eye catching and i'm sure you will get a lot of people asking how you did it and where you got them done!

Which Magnetic Nail Paints have you tried so far?

lvy <3



No comments:

Post a Comment